AVEDA’S PROMISE TO YOU
Aveda strives to eliminate petrochemicals whenever possible in all Aveda products. Efforts have been made to eliminate petroleum-derived oils and waxes from all base formulas. To ensure the authenticity, integrity and quality of ingredients, Aveda continually searches the world for plants that are organically grown in a sustainable manner.
Aveda products are different. Aveda has taken beautiful hues, added skin-loving ingredients, and subtracted the petroleum-based ingredients found in leading cosmetics to create the Aveda Makeup collection.
Aveda has included naturally derived colorants that are true to life. Finally, antioxidants in the form of vitamins have been added to fight environmental aggressors keeping skin looking beautiful longer.
Aveda standards are high and we have committed ourselves to them. Aveda’s goal is to help decrease petrochemical pollutants by using ingredients that are good for you and have a minimal impact on the Earth’s environment.
AVEDA APPROVED INGREDIENTS
- Plant-derived antioxidant vitamins like E and C help fight environmental aggressors.
- Natural colorants express true-to-life, lasting hues that are better for the planet.
- Olive and plant oils aren’t just for salads anymore; jojoba, olive, and meadow- foam seed oils supply moisture.
- Natural waxes from plants like carnauba and rose help to protect against water loss.
- Color smoothes on with beeswax and plant waxes such as rose, carnauba and candelilla.
- Talc, paraben and mineral oil-free.
NON AVEDA APPROVED INGREDIENTSAveda firmly believes that we will succeed in our goal by striving to use what we call green ingredients in our products whenever possible. Our definition of a green ingredient requires that it meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Naturally derived, which we define to be those for which more than 50% of the molecule comes from a plant, non-petroleum mineral, water, or some other natural source.
- Certified organic.
- Sourced from sustainable or renewable plant-based origins, and does not negatively impact the ecosystems from which they are sourced.